Rocket League has existed for some time now, and although the game has a lot of potential, it has not managed to become as big on the Esport scene. Part of the reason is the high ceiling of the skills of the game. However, with the free game next week, it is expected that it has good things to hope in the near future.
- Epic Game Account and Interplates Progression
- New player experience
- Menu and UI Updates
- changes and updates
- Bug patches
Just before the game does not become free, Psyonix has published a major update to prepare it for redesign. Players can now link their account specific accounts to Epic Games Store to transfer their progress on all devices. The game is also now playable without subscription Nintendo Switch Online.
Apart from this, there are many corrections of bugs and various quality of life changes. You can find the complete update notes below.
Epic Game Account and Interplates Progression
Progression and account link
- You can now associate each platform on which you play Rocket League to a single EPIC Games account to share the progression, inventory, rocket pass progress, the competitive ranking and more wherever you play.
- For progress data, you will select a main platform for progress everywhere. If you are level 1000 and Champion II on PC, and level 500 and Diamond III on your console, you will want to choose your PC profile as your main
- We strongly recommend linking each account you play at the same time so that you can make an enlightened choice when selecting your main platform
- For more information, please read our blog article on multiplatform progression
- Players who have linked their existing Rocket League platforms to an EPIC Games account will also receive the “Chopper EG” wheels
- Epic Friends replaced Rocketid as a solution for multiplatform friends in Rocket League
- Your RockeTID friends will automatically be converted into epic friends on your first connection.
- The list of friends at stake has been updated to view both your platform friends and your epic friends in a panel for easier access
- If you played Rocket League before leaving the free update, you have LEGACY status
- The inherited status includes special fidelity reward elements, including a boost, a wheel, a banner and a special title that commemorates the year of creation of your account:
- BOOST “FADED COSMOS” (limited to the accounts created before July 21st)
- BOOST “GOLDEN COSMOS”
- Wheel “Dieci-Oro”
- Banner of the player “Huntress”
- ‘Is. TITLE 20XX
- The holders of the legacy status also obtain special “inherited” special versions of each common element available before the free passage to the game, as well as access to all Items DLC without a license.
Player player trading
- Trading with another player now requires an EPIC Games related account
- Trading with another player now requires that both accounts have bought 500 credits or equivalent (Chips Esports, Starter Pack, etc.) to deter fraud.
- Players with LEGACY status are exempt from this requirement
New player experience
- The new Rocket League players with this update will see a new interactive introductory kinematics, as well as special advice when browsing the game menus.
- New players will have to reach level 10 before being able to associate in competitive playlists
Note: The new tournament system will be in line with this version, but only a limited number of test tournaments will be programmed until we spent the Rocket League at the Free To Play.
- The tournament system has been redesigned and now offers automated competitive tournaments at fixed hours per day, by region
- Although you can always register with a full group, competitive tournament matchmaking will try to find you a team if you can not join a full group
- Mixed rank groups will be placed in a tournament according to the rank of the most talented player
- Play your skills – even if you lose! – is always more effective than winning a lower rank
- The teams eliminated from the tournament in the first round may be able to reintegrate during a tour of “Late participation”
- Leave an early tournament can result in temporary discharges of matchmaking and tournament on your account
- If all your team loses, no prohibition will be issued
- Win rewards during each season by beating opponents of similar skill
- You will earn tournament credits based on your final ranking in each tournament combined with the difficulty of the global slice in which you have been classified
- The tournament credit reward is the same for all teammates
- Tournament credits can be exchanged for cuts that will give you an increasing quality customization element
- The higher the cut, the more you often unlock a big scarcity object
- All tournament objects can have special attributes such as painted or certified
- These prices can be exchanged within their series, to the black market
- You can participate in as many tournaments as you want weekly, but most of your gains will come from your 3 best weekly investments, which are reset at the end of each week on Sundays.
- Winning a tournament brings you a title that shows the rank of the tournament you have won.
- Win three tournaments classified in the same way throughout a season will give you a colorful title in this rank.
- Players can always create and host their own personalized tournaments
- You are eliminated from the tournament that you organize? You will be able to attend the remaining matches
Menu and UI Updates
- The main menu has been simplified to reduce the number of buttons and better organize features
- PLAY submenu: Modes are now grouped into cards instead of tabs
- Selecting a playlist will now immediately search for this playlist
- For players who prefer to search for multiple playlists at a time, you can activate “multiple selection” in one of the playlist groups. This setting is saved so you do not have to switch it every time you search.
- You can now quickly access the free game or garage after search
- Training is now accessible directly from the Play menu
- Exhibition, fashion season and private match have been combined in the “Custom Games” menu
- The Profile submenu now contains:
- Career (Statistics, Rankings, Rankings)
- Create or manage a club
- Personalization options for banner and avatar border
- The Extras submenu is now under Options – Extras
- The appearance of the main menu and some submenus has been updated with new fonts and new buttons / cards designs
changes and updates
- Many objects formerly classified as common are now uncommon or higher, and must be obtained via DROPS by the new players
- Common objects are no longer unlocked in bulk lots per location by playing matches. Any player with LEGACY status that did not unlocked all these elements will receive the remaining items in “Legacy”
- Unusual, rare and very rare objects do not fall randomly after matches
- Some crossed promotional items have been permanently marked as “old” and can no longer be obtained by new accounts
- Some older audio options of the motor “V1” can no longer be obtained with new accounts
Support a creator
- You can now support your favorite content creators by applying a creator code to your account in the Object Shop screen
- The creator you have chosen will receive a percentage of your credits spent as long as the code is active on your account
Changes in default settings
- Control links are now organized in three presets: “By default”, “Inheritance” and “Custom”
* “Legacy” is used for all existing accounts and uses the same controls from our launch in 2015
* “Default” Assigns “Air Roll” to L2 / LT by default and dissocie “Voice Chat”
* You can switch to “default” or “old” without losing your “custom” links
* The vocal chat is now disabled by default
- Adding a new vehicle preset based on the car Merc
- This Hitbox is both higher and narrower than other Hitboxes. Discover it and tell us what you think about it!
New fast cats
- FAST CATS INFORMATIVE
- To bump!
- To your left.
- On your right.
- Who passed!
- Compliment fast discussions
Aerial safety of the keyboard
- The new “Keyboard Aerial Safety” parameter prevents keyboard and mouse players from stinging in the air while holding the throttle (W) until other entries are recognized
- When this parameter is enabled, your car will not start sting as long as you will not get started, that you do not release the acceleration / slowdown key or you do not ride in a direction
- This parameter can be disabled in the Options tab – Controls
- (PC) DirectX9 is no longer supported
- Level 700 Supersonic Legendary Title has been changed in “Legendary Nemesis”
- HeatSeeker is now available in private and local matches
- The Standard Solo Competitive Playlist is no longer available
- Correction of a bug preventing the display of the offensive chat text when an account is banned
- Additional optimizations of performance contributed to the explosion of the gravity bomb
- The restart of the game will no longer put the player on his oldest car preset
- Tournament creators can attend games after leaving the tournament as a player