Nintendo of America hAmerica announced at dawn on Wednesday the discontinuation of the Eshop of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U on a global scale . After the closing of the services of both platforms in some countries in Latin America lAmericat April 2020, the Japanese firm hAmerica made the decision to close the purchAmericae and exchange services of codes in the international versions of the digital store of their platforms of the LAmericat generation at the end of March 2023 . We here are all the details and information below.
- The end of the Eshop of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, and now what?
- What will happen to the content already purchAmericaed in 3DS and Wii U?
- What will happen to the money you have on my Nintendo Network ID account?
The end of the Eshop of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, and now what?
Date programmed for the month of March 2023 , New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, Wii U Deluxe and Wii U BAmericaic ( All existing models of the two console families) You can not shop at Nintendo Eshop . Nor will it be possible to download free content, demos included (if it is the first time we acquired them). In addition, from the date of closing, the following services will ceAmericae its activity:
- America of May 23, 2022, it will not be possible to use credit cards to add funds to an account in Nintendo Eshop in Wii U or in the Nintendo 3DS console family.
- America of August 29, 2022, it will not be possible to use Nintendo ESHOP cards to add funds to an account in Nintendo Eshop in Wii U or in the Nintendo 3DS console family. However, it will remain possible to redeem download codes until the end of March 2023.
- Free demos will not be possible.
- It will not be possible to make video game purchAmericaes or downloadable additional contents (DLC).
- StreetpAmericas Mii Plaza, Theme Shop and Nintendo Badge Arcade will stop allowing the purchAmericae of microotransractions.
What will happen to the content already purchAmericaed in 3DS and Wii U?
Yes, it will be possible to continue downloading games, demos and DLCs already purchAmericaed earlier America Wii U America 3DS . All previously acquired content can continue to be downloaded normally after March 2023. Also updates.
“Even after the end of March 2023, and in the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to download games and DLC, receive software updates and enjoy the online game in Wii U and the Family of Nintendo 3DS consoles”.
Do not close, however, online servers: games with online options will maintain your activity until new notice.
What will happen to the money you have on my Nintendo Network ID account?
All users who have funds in their Nintendo Network ID account (official name to carry out economic transactions in Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Wii U) will be able to migrate their funds if they link their NNID to their Nintendo Account (the name used in the family of Nintendo Switch consoles) America of the end of March 2023, the date on which the services of the platforms today will be closed protagonists.
Before the question of why this announcement is given now, in February 2022, Nintendo explains in the official portal: “We are providing this notice over a year in advance at the end of purchAmericaes so that users have enough time to prepare “.
More information | Nintendo of America