The time could hardly be more briskant. A few days before closing the transfer window, Eberl director Max Eberl has informed the club’s bosses of Borussia Mönchengladbach to lay down its activities – apparently as fast as possible, four and a half years before leaving his working paper.
- Why does Max Eberl throw in Gladbach suddenly?
- Why is Max Eberl so important for Gladbach?
- How is it for Max Eberl to the Gladbach-out?
- Who are possible successors for Max Eberl in Gladbach?
The announced retreat, which must be officially confirmed by club side, raises a number of questions.
Why throws Eberl suddenly? Why could he soon be hired at RB Leipzig? And who are the succession candidates in Gladbach? Eberl gives answers.
Why does Max Eberl throw in Gladbach suddenly?
From the environment of the club as well as insiders of Gladbacher Leaderships reports, reports are reported that, above all, the situation around his partner Sedrina Schaller Eberl should have moved to the decision in Gladbach.
Eberl itself was the one who installed the 33-year-old as a team manager of the license game gate and kidnapped with professional and private. A personnel, which was quasi from day one at the summer of the last year for firing material on the Lower Rhine.
Schaller worked close to the team, acted as a link between Eberling leadership and management. The immediate proximity to the managing manager and most important decision makers at Borussia ultimately fell on their feet – and should have taken care of Eberl himself for extreme displeas.
In addition, in recent years, Eberl has always cheated on important decisions. The criticism of the 48-year-old grew, both public and clubs.
Switching positions and personnel decisions were finally proven as misjudgments and made Eberl. Keeping up to Marco Rose after the bill of exchange to BVB, the expensive misunderstanding with offensive players Hannes Wolf in the middle of the Corona crisis, the missed contract extensions with Denis Zakaria and Matthias Ginter, the obvious mistake with head coach Adi Hütter: The list of criticisms on Eberl became in recent months and longer.
The frustration and annoyance at the ex-professional itself also continued to increase. So much that he was already bursting internally the bomb and – from club view to the absolute immersion – the sails would rather swipe today than tomorrow.
Why is Max Eberl so important for Gladbach?
The merits of the Lower Bayers for Borussia Mönchengladbach are undisputed, although he could not win a single title in his 23-year-old era.
After the Bundesliga relegation 2011 with the league last second, Eberl was the architect of a professional squad, which became more and more balanced and better and as the only club next to FC Bayern and the BVB has always reached a single-digit table space.
When choosing the head coaches – everyone forward Lucien Favre, Dieter Hecking and Marco Rose – proved the Gladbach Eberls director for a long time as a happy hand like on the player market.
The list of high-class transfers is Ellenlang and brought the Borussia not least three times the entry into the Champions League. Dante, Marco Reus, Granit Xhaka, Christoph Kramer or Matthias Ginter: All these and other top transfers of the last decade carried Eberl’s handwriting.
His flair and network on the player market paired with its impeccable reputation and its radiance far beyond the Bundesliga borders are not to be replaced for the Gladbacher short term.
How is it for Max Eberl to the Gladbach-out?
If it goes to Eberl himself, he wants to get off immediately from his contract, although this is still running long-term until 2026. Only last year the club announced the premature extension with its most important employee.
Further collaboration now seems impossible to become impossible. For example, that Eberl deals with coming transfer planning of Borussia is probably excluded.
According to consistent media reports, it could continue for the functionary after a starting break from the summer with another club, possibly with Bundesliga competitor RB Leipzig.
The Saxons have still been looking for an experienced and qualified manager since the departure from Eberls director Markus Krösche. They would certainly be ready to pay a corresponding transfer for Eberl to Gladbach.
This could be a new record level for Eberl not least due to the long term of the contract. It is already talked about a two-digit million amount.
Who are possible successors for Max Eberl in Gladbach?
- Steffen Korell: In the short term, the ex-defender is expected to continue the daily business of Max Eberl. The 50-year-old is considered a narrow Eberl-familiar, also works for many years as team manager, department manager Scouting and Eberl assistant in the club.
- Christoph Friend: The Eberls director of RB Salzburg has proven to be a true talent explorer and conveyor for years and has been sought for more than in Austria. According to reports, he wants to fulfill his contract with RB by 2023.
- Dieter Hecking: As a former player and head coach his name inevitably falls at the foals. He is currently working on the second division 1. FC Nuremberg as a Eberls council.
- Jörg Schmadtke: was employed by Gladbach as a player and (assistant) trainers. Has a name for itself as a manager especially in Aachen, Cologne and Wolfsburg. Stand at the summer.
- Rouven Schröder: was already traded at Mainz times in Gladbach, is a longtime friend Eberls. But it is currently tasting at the rebuilding of the FC Schalke and will probably not leave this project.